Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor

2 posters

Go down

Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor Empty Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor

Post by Queen Stella Beck Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 pm

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Bowerstone Castle Gardens, mid-day

Drumming her fingers against the arm of the throne, Stella fought back a yawn, biting the inside of her cheek hard to keep herself awake. Another day, another hearing about why Otto the Goose belonged to Eleanor and not to Sadie. How Stella hated doing this part of her queenly duties. The citizens that came before her were so boring with their petty requests. Why couldn't Hobson be useful for once and actually screen these people before they came before her and took up her time with such nonsense? Her time was precious and she hated that it had to be wasted in such a manner. But of course a queen had to do such things, apparently, for after all, her word was law. Joy. Chin resting against her palm, the queen wore an expression of polite interest,  although anyone that properly knew her would instantly understand that Stella was bored out of her skull. Her beloved border-collie lay at her feet, snoozing peacefully. Averting her gaze subtly to look down at the sleeping canine, a hint of a smile curled up the corner of Stella's mouth. Lucky thing.

Her mind began to wander, as it often did at such events and for the hundreth time in a fortnight it turned to her travels and friends. She usually missed them, but this past week had been particularly bad. All she had for company was Digger and Jasper. Though both of them were great companions, Stella was lonely. She longed for adventure, for the life that she used to have before she became queen and had to run Albion. She wanted out, just for a short while. She wished she could meet up with Ben again, or even Page, but they seemed to be too busy with their own lives to bother with her. Though she knew she shouldn't take it personally (Page was busy making sure that everything in Bowerstone was running smoothly, and Ben was a soul haunted by wanderlust who couldn't stay in one place too long), it hurt her, a lot. It was if they'd only been friends with her to get what they wanted and once that was done, she'd gotten tossed aside because she didn't fit in with their lives. Frowning almost imperceptibly, Stella mentally chastised herself for such thoughts. How could she even think such things? They were her friends, and there was no way they would do such a thing. She almost felt ashamed for thinking it.

With great difficulty, Stella pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind, rousing herself long enough to realize that the whole room was staring at her in anticipation. Clearing her throat, she gave a sideways glance to Jasper who gave an imperceptible nod in the direction of the person that in his opinion she was supposed to side with. Jasper's look of exasperation didn't escape her notice, but she flashed him a grateful look nonetheless, as if that could make up for her not paying attention enough. She didn't know what she'd do without him; the kingdom would very likely fall to pieces. Giving the vaguest ruling that she could without making it seem like she hadn't listened to a single word, Stella stood up, stepping over Digger. "And that concludes this morning's proceedings. We shall break for a two-hour lunch before the afternoon's proceedings begin," she announced, biting back a smile as the hordes of villagers began to retreat back into the sunshine.

The moment the throne room was empty of everyone but her, the female gave an almighty groan, making her collie look up and look at her for a long moment. She turned to Jasper, cutting him off just as he was opening his mouth to speak. "I need air. Lunch can be brought out to the Gardens. I can't stand to be in this castle a moment longer," she burst, trying her hardest not to throw out all her frustration on poor Jasper. It wasn't his fault that her kingdom was full of idiots, after all. Taking a deep breath as Jasper uttered a quiet "as you wish, Madam," she shot him a grateful smile. "Thank you, Jasper. I'd be lost without you." Turning on her heel, she gave a low whistle for her loyal canine to follow and walked out of the throne room. A relieved smile creased her features as the fresh air hit her and the monarch took a deep breath. She could practically feel the smog adhering to her lungs but she didn't care. It almost smelt like freedom. Almost.

Slowly Stella walked over to the gardens, relishing the warm sun on her face. She didn't get enough time outside anymore. She'd been kept much too busy with treasury matters. Plus with the outbreak of portals bringing in people from other worlds, she now had to be worried about the safety of her kingdom. What if this was a lead-up to a new attack? How was she going to save Albion this time with her allies scattered all over the globe now that Albion had already been saved once? Dropping down on the grass, she closed her eyes. She could already hear Jasper's disappointment about the inevitable grass stains, but she no longer cared. Feeling a solid something connect with her thigh, she opened one eye only to see Digger with his head on her leg, guarding his mistress. Smiling, she closed her eyes again and drifted off into a light sleep, pushing the kingdom's problems far away just for the next two hours.

tagged open
lyrics If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback
notes may have refurbished an old reply for new threading purposes. please don't match my length!
outfit Mandatory Queen Outfit but without the gloves
credit Calypso
Queen Stella Beck
Queen Stella Beck
Admin

Gold : 39112

https://lost-before-the-dawn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor Empty Re: Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor

Post by Mac Taylor Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:48 pm

(Ooc: Because someone gave me way too many ideas to pick from and this is just one of the several, I'm letting Mac out of the box right hether. xD Promise not to bore you too much. lol But you were right when you said this was a perfect start for all this wonderfullness, so, yes, that has to do with it too. xD Oh, and a nice little key to help you, loves:
thoughts
speech)

What in the name of-? Mac cut himself short and shook his head firmly. Certainly he'd simply spent one too many shifts pouring over ballistics tests, trace analysis, tread patterns, autopsy reports, and video footage and this was one of those insane times when his mind just insisted on smacking him silly. If it was..., ohh... the wrath he'd hear from Stella...!

He swore he'd only tripped, so why, in God's holy name, was he outdoors when he'd literally just been strolling through his crime scene, which was inside an apartment for the record, to recheck everything? Because the garden landscape around him was certainly like nothing he'd ever seen in New York, although the natural air hitting him seemed to fit that of a city. He frowned and yanked back the right sleeve of his jacket to peer at his watch. "Five minutes," he muttered to himself, his frown growing, "Taylor, you didn't even give yourself five minutes."

Okay... There had to be a logical explanation for all of this. Yeah..., no. He raked a hand back through his short hair before opening his eyes again to stare at the scenery around him. This was not New York City. That much, he was certain of. So... where in the world was he?

Now he was starting to worry himself. Forcing his mind to actually work logically at the situation, he sat up, hands searching briefly for his badge and gun. Both were still on his person - gun in his holster, as it should be, and badge in its usual place on his belt. Now, for where he was at... That was a whole other thing to figure out.

Now he took in the details, and he could feel his confusion distorting his facial features, a deep frown starting to tug firmly at his lips and an instinctive caution that made him draw the Glock he carried from its holster on his hip. "You tell Don you'll be fine for five minutes, and this is what you get for it," he mumbled to himself, glancing around for something or, maybe even better, someone to tell him where he was it. With any luck, it'd be a two-headed dragon to tell him he'd earned himself a one-way ticket to the ass-whooping of the year from Stella and then everything would right itself and he'd probably get sent home to sleep it off.

Speaking of sleep, when was the last time he'd slept? Like... actually slept? He'd lost count of what shift he was on, after all, but one case had led to another and the team was definitely overworked so... God, he scolded himself, if this is just another one of your moments...? God help me now...

He'd stood by now, gun held cautiously out in front of him as he gazed around at his new surroundings. They weren't going away no matter how much he tried to convince himself this was just one of those whacked out moments that he'd get busted for... The wind that greeted him was real, he could feel it, and, now that he'd actually taken it upon himself to look for some...thing, shall we say?, to tell him what in the world was going on, he realized the young woman and dog he came across, well..., they were just as real.

Now he had a real problem, and the only thing he could do was frown, gun lowered off to his side in flat out uncertainty. What in God's name did I get into now?

Last edited by Mac Taylor on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Mac Taylor
Mac Taylor

Gold : 43210

Back to top Go down

Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor Empty Re: Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor

Post by Queen Stella Beck Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:30 am

The soft chirp of the birds in the nearby trees and the gentle breeze was like a lullaby, pushing Stella further and further into the realm of sleep. How long it had been since she'd had a proper night's sleep without waking in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and screaming in pure terror. The nightmares were getting worse and worse, each night the damned things becoming more drastic and elaborate than the previous night's. Every night she relived some new terror: Ben Finn dying next to her in the battle of Albion, Boulder and Sabine getting hit by a bomb, Page being shot, Walter dying in her arms.

The Walter nightmares were the absolute worst and those nights she would end up sobbing herself back to sleep. She didn't understand why her subconscious kept torturing her so; she hadn't wanted to kill him. He was the only father-figure she still had left in the world. But she'd had no choice. Not only would the Darkness have destroyed all of Albion, but Walter had begged her. The Crawler was torturing him and it had broken her heart to hear Walter in so much pain. She did what she'd had to. At least her dear friend was in peace now. Nonetheless she'd cried herself to sleep for weeks after his funeral.

But right now her dreams were much more peaceful. She'd been dreaming of sunbathing in Driftwood after a most glorious swim in the ocean, when suddenly an aggressive bark woke her. "What is it, Digs?" she mumbled with a yawn, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Seeing that his mistress was awake and now capable of defending herself if the need arose, the dog stopped barking, and instead just growled menacingly. A scowl briefly crossed her features at the fact that she had been woken from the first decent rest she'd had in what seemed forever, but it was gone in a second, only to be replaced by a look of cool indifference which she usually wore when dealing with either Reaver or a particularly difficult citizen as she stood up and surveyed the stranger before her.

"I'd appreciate it if you lowered your gun," she uttered coolly, her tone belying her growing fear. Here was a stranger, quite certainly not from Albion judging by his clothing, pointing a gun at her. The weapon was not like anything they manufactured in Albion, but a gun was a gun and Stella knew that regardless of where it was made, the bullet would still hurt. And quite likely prove fatal. "My companion here hates those things being pointed in his direction. But more to the point that I am unarmed and it is very bad form to be armed when your opponent is not." Oh how she wished she had her spell gauntlets on right now, just in case the man before her was a hostile. She wasn't sure that she could cast a spell in time to avoid being hit by a bullet, should the man choose to shoot, but even just having the things would have made her feel safer. Without her gauntlets nor her sword she felt completely vulnerable, and once again she chided Jasper in her mind for not letting her bring her weapons to court. Apparently weapons in the throne room was bad form for a queen. "Who are you and why are you here?" she queried after a pause, eyebrow raising ever so slightly as she watched him.

tagged mac :3
notes i would apologise, but i'm not in the least bit sorry :p also the thing with her walter nightmares is that he was her mentor and like a father figure, but during the last battle for albion against the crawler, it takes possession of walter's body and so stella has to slay them both to save albion from complete and destruction. saddest scene of my life. on a scale of one to mufasa, it was a mufasa. also reaver is a totally awesome but totally amoral and egotistical dude who is like the top businessman of the town and likes to profit off other people's misery. oh and jasper is her loyal butler. thought i'd just clue you in on everyone so you weren't totally confused xD
credit Calypso
Queen Stella Beck
Queen Stella Beck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Taylor Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:12 pm

It took a few moments for Mac to let this woman's words sink in. When they did, he realized she spoke truly, even if he had no clue who she was or why he was even there with her. Another thing that helped him was that at least he could understand her. But she was certainly no two-headed dragon confirming that he was just terribly mistaken.

So, with her first words recognized, he took one hand off his gun and showed her before slowly returning the gun to his holster. Now..., what the hell is going on? he had to ask himself.

Her question of what he was doing there almost made him laugh, and only because of the irony. "I wish I knew, Miss," he said calmly, "but my name is Mac, Mac Taylor," he added. Now..., to ask or to just be quiet until spoken to? Because he already felt that she was cautious about what the hell he was doing interrupting her and awaking her dog. And giving out his name to some stranger is something he wouldn't do regularly, but this was by no means normal circumstances. She has every right to kick my ass... On the matter of the dog... Well, at least he hadn't had to wake her himself. The dog had done that much...

Finally, his confusion won out over his cautiousness. "I wish I could say I knew why I'm here," he began, "but I'd be lying... Exactly... where am I?" What a ridiculous question... She seemed to be of some high standing here, wherever that exactly was, and even he felt that, out of the two of them, she had much more right than him to be asking the questions. But how was one supposed to give an adequate answer if one didn't even know the answers?

Last edited by Mac Taylor on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mac Taylor
Mac Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Stella Beck Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:49 pm

As the holstered his gun, Digger instantly stopped growling and instead sat down and stared fiercely at Mac, thumping his tail against the grass every few seconds. Rolling her eyes affectionately at her dog's protective antics, Stella cocked her head to the side and studied the newcomer intently for a moment before she finally spoke. "A shame that it is under such circumstances, but it is nice to meet you, Mac Taylor. I am Stella Beck, queen of Albion." She took a step towards Mac, pausing as he asked where exactly he was. "You are in Bowerstone, capital of Albion," she replied with a hint of pride. A proud smile curled up the corners of her mouth as she gestured to the city around her. "Welcome to the kingdom." It pleased her that Bowerstone, and in fact all of Albion, was still standing. It had been tough, but they'd done it and now Albion could flourish in the light for that much longer. It also pleased her that he could see it in its full restored glory, as opposed to the wreck it had been during the Second Battle of Albion. 

Turning her attentions back to Mac, she paused again, thinking about this whole situation. This was the first time she had actually met one of these displaced people that she'd heard so much about. The citizens talked in hush tones about the strange portals delivering them, fearing that the newcomers were hostiles. Stella wasn't sure about the other displaced strangers, but her initial assessment made her think that Mac wasn't at all a hostile - just a confused man very far away from home. He was confused, and maybe even a bit scared, but not a threat. "Where are you originally from?" she asked, walking across to a stone bench and sitting down on it, motioning with her hand that he was free to join her if he so wished.

notes ---
credit Calypso
Queen Stella Beck
Queen Stella Beck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Taylor Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 am

- - - - - - - - - -
a thousand lies have made me colder
AND I DON'T THINK I CAN LOOK AT THIS THE SAME
- - - - - - - - - -
Well, at least now he had an idea on what to call this strange place that he was in for no apparent reason at all. The team was sure to be worried about him though... He could just imagine what Don would be thinking when he showed up on scene and found his truck, but not himself, because, yes, he'd rode over separate and left his truck parked along the street just before heading inside. What he wouldn't give to let them know everything was okay...! He knew what they were like, and he'd be the same way. They'd be running through ideas of, one, what had happened, and, two, people who had motives, but this certainly had nothing to do with motives and it didn't even have anything to do with crime. Freak accident, really...

Her question brought him firmly back to his current situation and the present frame of time, and he shook his head just slightly to clear it. "New York City," he told her. "New York, New York, if you will, but I was born and raised in the state of Illinois, in Chicago." And her invitation was not unwelcome to him. He was highly thankful that she was at least welcoming with him, if not maybe even friendly. It wasn't much of a stretch to his current state of mind. Things could definitely be worse. So, he joined her, unsure of if he should explain further. He couldn't be sure any of the names he'd given her made any kind of sense. He had certainly never heard of any place with this name of Albion, much less its capital of Bowerstone he was apparently in, so that made him wonder if anything he'd said made any of the slightest sense to her. For all he knew, it made no sense at all. There was no sense continuing if none of what he'd said so far had made sense, after all.

With all of that considered, a slightly pained small frown crossed his lips and he couldn't help himself. What would he have said to his team if he'd known that something like this would wind up happening? It seemed almost too soon to assume that he'd never get back, but he didn't doubt that this was something that the young queen was at least somewhat familiar with, and, with that in mind, he could guess, especially with the help of her words, that there was no going back to New York. That'd make it too simple and way too easy to brush off when this Bowerstone of Albion was quite obviously all too real. Stell would've been just as blunt... The choice of words... Yes, she hadn't been one to sugarcoat things for anyone, especially him. And she'd be the most worried of them all... Why wouldn't she? He'd known her since Academy... And those years seemed so far away now... So lost in the blur of all of the more recent cases and events and happenings. Talk about feeling the age!

- - - - - - - - - -
i think about you, baby
AND I DREAM ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME
- - - - - - - - - -
TAGGED``: ---
OUTFIT``: Basically this the suit get-up from here, without the kit, the gloves, and his awesome sidekicks, of course. This is Albion. xD
NOTES``: Big thanks to Calypso for doing this template. ^.^ I'mma have to use it from now on. :-)
LYRICS``: here without you by 3 doors down
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO

Last edited by Mac Taylor on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mac Taylor
Mac Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Stella Beck Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:38 pm

A puzzled smile curled up the corners of her mouth and the brunette gave a soft laugh. "You speak of foreign realms indeed. I have never in my life heard of such lands. But then," here her features crinkled into a wry smile, "you must be in the same situation with this land." She wondered what she would do if she got torn away from her beloved Albion. She supposed that she would adapt in time, as one would undoubtedly have to, but a single day wouldn't go by when she wouldn't miss it. For all its faults and flaws, she loved this place; having to leave would be devastating. All her friends and the little family she had left all gone. Completely alone in a strange world with no familiar face or sight to be seen. A horrible fate to befall anyone (though admittedly a fate she wouldn't mind too much to fall upon Reaver or Hobson), so she could imagine what Mac must be feeling right now.

Digger gave a loud yawn and settled down at Stella's feet, muzzle upon his paws, content enough that his mistress trusted this stranger to continue on with his afternoon. Another wry smile passed Stella's lips - he was worse than a baby these days; all he did was sleep and eat and sleep some more. She would have been worried had she not known the reason behind it already - he was bored out of his furry skull. He had no adventures to go on, no cats or squirrels to chase, no vile Hobbes to tear limb. He was bored senseless and Stella could sympathize with him very much. What she wouldn't give to go on a grand adventure again somewhere. Anywhere would do as long as didn't have to make royal decisions and rule. Toying with the idea of leaving for a few weeks, she decided that she might even do it. Even queens needed holidays.

"Do forgive me for being so forward, but would you like you join me for lunch?" she asked, breaking the silence that was threatening to descend upon them. "And after, I can show you the city if you wish," she offered with a smile. It would be nice to get away from the castle and not go back to court later this afternoon. She'd put Jasper in charge; he already unofficially ruled when she didn't bother paying attention in court, which lately was a lot, and so she trusted him entirely in his decision-making. "I really have no desire to carry on with court this afternoon," she added with a chuckle and a slight shrug in way of explanation.  

notes ---
credit Calypso
Queen Stella Beck
Queen Stella Beck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Taylor Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:08 am

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Mac allowed himself to share her wry smile without hesitation. Even a light laugh managed to escape his lips as he shook his head to confirm her suspicion. "I must admit that I haven't," he said. Not knowing already couldn't be too much of a damper though. Plus, it was in his favor that he'd managed to stumble out here and happen to meet the queen of the land as his first acquaintance. That was certainly not to be seen as a hindrance. He could probably learn a lot from her, and he was open to that opportunity, although he could only imagine what her other duties would include, though she did seem to be one who didn't care all that much for them and would prefer to be outdoors somewhere.

His gaze then shifted to the dog as it laid down with a loud yawn at Stella's feet. He smiled slightly. It would seem that they were accepting each other's existence then. Much better than the dog growling at him and him having a gun drawn on an unarmed stranger. He hadn't really cared for that situation either, mind you, and for more than just one reason, quite obviously.

He then shook his head to wave off her apology for being so straightforward with her question. The offer was actually very nice, and it helped him relax a little more with the idea of being in Albion. "That would be great," he told her, "Thanks." And the tour would be of much help. He had no clear clue on what this place was like at all, so the explanation of how the rest of Albion was connected back to here in Bowerstone certainly wouldn't hurt.

- - - - - - - - - -
i think about you, baby
- - - - - - - - - -
OUTFIT``: Basically this the suit get-up from here, without the kit, the gloves, and his awesome sidekicks, of course. This is Albion. xD
NOTES``: ---
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO

Last edited by Mac Taylor on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mac Taylor
Mac Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Stella Beck Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Stella stood up, brushing her skirts down to remove any stray grass bits from it that might have gotten lodged in between the folds. She considered checking for grass stains, but checking one's own behind in the company of strangers was not a good look, for anyone. She'd just have to put on a very sorry face if Jasper noticed the stains. Not if, she corrected herself, when he notices...  That man had the eye of a hawk. She very gently nudged Digger with her foot, and began to make her way across the gardens towards the castle. She wasn't sure why Jasper hadn't brought lunch out to her like she'd asked, though she had the feeling he might have brought it but upon finding her asleep, decided not to wake her.

"I only hope you're not a vegetarian," she said, turning to look at Mac for a second. "No one in the castle is so the cooks don't usually prepare vegetarian meals, plus there's a tofu shortage in the city. Our last order still hasn't arrived from Oakfield. I suspect the traders got ambushed by either Hobbes or mercenaries. Or both." Since being put on the throne, she'd made it a law that all traders were to have escorts with them when travelling, but even her elite soldiers could have easily been overpowered given enough mercenaries. She almost sighed. Why couldn't everyone just be good and not kill each other over some quick cash. She couldn't understand why it was such a big ask. "Though if you are, the tavern does delicious meals. A good place to go if you like good beer and ale, too."

notes yes, Albion has tofu xD
credit Calypso
Queen Stella Beck
Queen Stella Beck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Taylor Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:37 am

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Once again, Mac found himself allowing a smile to tease the corners of his lips at her words. "I don't believe I am vegetarian," But her other explanation sparked his interest. It seemed that it was a somewhat regular occurrence, not that he had any idea of what Hobbes were, but he could fancy a guess as to the nature of a mercenary. Either way, it seemed to be trouble.

"Does that happen often?" It was just a question of curiosity and he had no intentions whatsoever to step on any toes or bring up bad memories. This was still a lot for him to let sink in, so he was trying to commit to memory as much as he could. Of course, there was still much, much more to learn than one meeting would be able to teach him, but there was no shame in trying to get a jump start at his learning, the way he saw it.

There was also a new location to add to his mental list of tidbits about this new land - Oakfield. All of these new names and locations and things were going to have to take some getting used to, he was absolutely certain. He'd manage with time, he was sure, of course, but for all of it happening at once, it was a lot more than he'd received at once in a long time. He couldn't even guess at what time in his past he would've gotten this much information all at once and try to memorize it. Maybe as far back as Academy...? That was probably the last time he'd had to process a lot of information all at once, although a couple cases might try to protest that in his memory. Either way, that was irrelevant at this current time, and there was no need to put more on his plate that what he already had.

- - - - - - - - - -
i think about you, baby
- - - - - - - - - -
NOTES``: ---

Will you lie with me and just forget the world?// Mac Taylor Oie_tr12

Last edited by Mac Taylor on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mac Taylor
Mac Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Stella Beck Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:05 pm

She almost gave a relieved sigh. "Good. Well, not good, just..." she trailed off, giving a sheepish laugh. "I never know how to act around them. I always feel bad that I actually like meat instead of happily surviving on vegetables like a rabbit," she explained. "Not that there's anything wrong with that, but how do you tell someone politely that despite them trying very hard, tofu will never be anything but bland? You can't, especially if you're the queen. Jasper'll have my hide if I do," she added with a laugh, surprised at herself at just how relaxed and informal she was acting around Mac. Frankly, she sort of liked it.

At his question, her smile waned and she nodded glumly. "More than I'd care to admit. Avo knows I've tried to combat this problem, but short of me personally escorting the traders with a quarter of the Albion Guard, I don't think it'll be going away any time soon." She couldn't help but grimace at the thought. "The Hobbes - short and vile little monsters who surprisingly can punch well despite their size-," she explained, remembering that Mac likely wouldn't have had Hobbes back in his world (she would have been glad if hers didn't either, but that was neither here nor there), "are easily taken care of. The mercenaries are an entirely different matter. They don't care about anything except gold. Most of them don't even care whether they live or die. Nothing more than a bunch of land pirates, stealing and killing."

Granted not all mercenaries were like that, as she'd learned by recruiting one as her loyal ally in the Bowerstone Revolution, but Captain Saker was the exception, not the rule. And though she didn't let on, it frustrated her to no end that despite her best efforts she couldn't stop these lowlifes from wrecking havoc in her kingdom and killing people just for a little gold. If she was more evil, she would have rounded them up like Reaver had and made them fight it out to the death, for the entertainment of others. But she wasn't and so she couldn't. So she'd just have to grizzle and grouch until she came up with a suitable non-evil solution to this giant problem. Which she hoped would come to her soon, because she was getting rather sick of the rising death toll.

notes just realised that stella totally needs to set up a squad of bounty hunters. that'll fix her problem in no time xD also, Avo is like the good deity/god. in fable 3 he's not mentioned because religion is dying out, but i figured stell might have some knowledge from her parents
credit Calypso
Queen Stella Beck
Queen Stella Beck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Taylor Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:55 am

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
"I'm afraid I can't help with that one, but I can say that we all have difficulty communicating with someone or one another in general at least once in our lifetimes, I do believe," Mac commented, smiling ever so slightly at her honest description of her trouble over the matter.

Quickly, his slight smile faded as the queen confided her woes of what to do about the attacks on the traders. Mac frowned a bit. That was a problem with the human race they were confronting there - the one that humans as a general population always seemed to need conflict in one form or the other. Sometimes it was as simple as a bicker between friends over a misunderstanding, or, as he was more familiar with to the point some might call it disturbing, that conflict got out of hand and led to the taking of life. Usually, that was quite the unnecessary outcome and even after years of working with the aftermath and puzzling through how, what, why, when, and who, he still hadn't fully accepted it as something that could be brushed off like a speck of dust on one's shoulder. The day he did that was a day he wasn't looking forward to and was a day he prayed would never come.

"I'm sure you'll find out some way to work through it though," Mac told her, pulling himself out of his thoughts to attempt to be reasonable. This seemed to be a subject that bothered her, and he could understand why. He could even understand that act itself to an extent, but it was a problem he was sure a lot of people would like to see resolved, and that was not an unreasonable desire. Maybe just a tad difficult to achieve..., but obstacles were obstacles, and they'd have to be overcome if one wanted to get somewhere, as he'd learned many a time over. This seemed to be one of those hurdles for Albion. He'd even dare to offer some assistance in the matter, but..., considering his lack of knowledge of the land, he didn't see how much help he'd be able to offer. "I'd probably go as far as offering a helping hand if you needed it around. I just can't promise how much of a help I can be not knowing the lay of the land around here, but I will say that it's there if you need it." Then he shrugged, as if that would explain his offer. "It's the least I can do after my showing up here unexpectedly and for the help you've given me so far."

- - - - - - - - - -
i think about you, baby
- - - - - - - - - -
NOTES``: xD Yes! That would probably get the problem solved quite well!
Mac Taylor
Mac Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down