Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

A Chance Meeting // OPEN

2 posters

Go down

A Chance Meeting // OPEN Empty A Chance Meeting // OPEN

Post by Josie Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:32 am

A Chance Meeting // OPEN Josie_12
A Chance Meeting // OPEN Lyrics10

A child wandered through the streets of the Old Quarters in Bowerstone. She hadn't been here for a while, but little had changed, but the season. The walk down here from Bowerstone Industrial, where her 'home' was located thankfully wasn't too long, so she had enough time for a little fun. The young girl had a slingshot attached to a robe that she used as a belt around her waist. She wore her favourite dress, like she always did.
People were walking through the streets, but nobody really seemed to notice her. Or they simply didn't care about a child being out here by herself. She didn't mind, though, she liked being left to her own thoughts. But as she watched people pass her by, she liked to guess what kinds of people they were. If they were rich, or poor, if they were on their way to work, or if they had a family at home. It was kinda fun, and sometimes she followed them, just to see if she was right.

Today though, she wasn't in the mood for following people, she wanted to explore, run around and play some tricks on people if she got the chance to. Maybe someone would even give her some money so she could buy an apple or something at the market. Sometimes she saved what she got, too. Sometimes she was lucky enough to find some money lying around. That was mostly when she went to the market, though.

The young child hummed quietly to herself, walking down the street. She turned her head once, to follow a young woman who had passed her by, but before she turned it back, someone bumped into her... or she bumped into someone.
“S- - Sorry, Mister.” she said respectfully, looking up at the person standing in front of her.

WORDS:: 307
TAGGED:: OPEN
NOTES:: ...
Template created by blackrose538 of Caution 2.0
Josie
Josie

Gold : 34695

http://tinyurl.com/kzz4pzf

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting // OPEN Empty Re: A Chance Meeting // OPEN

Post by Fendrel Sadon Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:53 am

If you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you've been here before?

The male didn't often find himself in this part of Bowerstone, but in his wanderings, Fendrel had ended up strolling somewhat aimlessly through Bowerstone Old Quarter. The reason he didn't really come around here was because he really never had an actual reason to be in the Old Quarter, but it was actually a quite beautiful area. It was almost a shame he ended up not coming here more often. Then again, work wasn't really to be found down in these parts. Most of his work in Bowerstone was to be found in Industrial, and the good majority of it typically kept him out of the Bowerstone area in general. The work he did get here was almost trivial for its reasons, but when he needed the money... He rarely argued with why someone needed a loud mouth silenced or a pesky neighbor eliminated from their life. Money was money, sadly...

Recently though, his tastes were changing. It was almost ruefully that he picked up his guns and slipped into the nights now, off to pull the trigger for someone else's gain. It was hardly honest work and it was starting to make Fendrel weary. Avo knew what it was..., but he had a feeling that maybe the new influence in his life was starting to wear off on him, making him want to be better than what he had been in the handful of years that he'd already lived. Nonsense to some possibly? Almost certainly, but he really didn't have another explanation for it.

Caught up in his thoughts, he was quite surprised when he bumped into something. Raising his head with a bit of a start, he realized it wasn't so much as something as it was someone - a little girl to be specific. He couldn't help a small, soft smile that easily appeared across his features when she apologized. "No trouble," he said with a slight shake of his head, "Serves me right for being too caught up in my thoughts to pay attention to where I'm going." She was young, much too young to really be out entirely alone in his opinion, but he did remember about the orphanage around these parts, over in nearby Industrial. It was quite possible that she was from there. "What's your name?" Not that he wanted to catch her off-guard or anything. A little conversation couldn't hurt though and right about now he could probably use some company. "Mine's Fendrel."

tagged @Josie
lyrics Pompeii by Bastille
notes I've been meaning to respond to this for ages and just didn't have the motivation to do a good response until now. Dx Hope this okay with you though! :3
outfit Leather jacket, black long-sleeved shirt, black pants, boots, gloves
words 411
credit Calypso
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Gold : 39645

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:52 am

The little girl looked up at the tall man before her respectfully, but not scared at all. She'd been around tall, strong men quite a lot considering the many times she kept playing tricks on the guards. And she loved doing that, mainly because they never really got angry with her. Josie knew some had pity on her for being an orphan, so they did her the favour of not getting too upset when she came and played some silly tricks. She only remembered a handful of guards that weren't kind at all. Those she grew a little scared of so she avoided any contact with those few.

But this man wasn't in the Albion guard. He was a stranger, yet Josie wasn't sure if she hadn't seen him somewhere before. Probably near the orphanage one day, but she could be mistaken.
She tilted her head to one side, her arms behind her back and she looked up at him with big green eyes. She was curious, so she inspected this man from head to toe before she replied to his question. The plus that he already had was not yelling at her, like most people would when she bumped into them. So he wasn't like most people, Josie liked that about him immediately. And he seemed to be friendly, so why not talk to him for a moment? Maybe she could make a friend here that could come in handy at some point. He was an adult after all.

“I like you. You're not like most people from 'round here.” the young girl said in a light tone. “I'm Josie... the orphan. Surely you heard of me sometime.”

WORDS:: 280
TAGGED:: @Fendrel Sadon
NOTES:: absolutely fine with me Smile I'm glad to get little Josie active, so... no worries Smile A Chance Meeting // OPEN Oie_tr12
♠️ Template created by blackrose538 of Caution 2.0 ♠️
♫ Lyrics by OneRepublic ♫

Last edited by Josie on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Josie
Josie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fendrel Sadon Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:41 am

She certainly appeared to be a curious one, and definitely willing to follow-up with that curiosity and stay to talk for a while. He might've even seen her around before, although he wasn't entirely certain. It was quite probable. He didn't exactly care to remember everywhere he went in the Bowerstone area. He personally enjoyed it much better away from the city, hence his previously made choice to settle down in Driftwood. It was nice out there... And Conquest liked it out there as well, so that was all the better, not to mention the fair and peaceful rides along the waterfront were definitely a plus to living out there.

Fendrel couldn't help but smile a bit as he listened to the young girl. "Well, I guess you could say I'm really not from around here," he said with a small shrug. His smile grew a bit with her final comment. "I think I actually might have...," he told her. "I don't get out this way much, but I think I have."

Of course, he'd never be one to admit why he did venture out to the Bowerstone area outside his usual wanderings that he occasionally allowed himself. He'd especially never bring it up in such a conversation with a child. He didn't like what he did anymore than the Guard liked it was the way he'd began to see things, and he definitely didn't encourage anyone else to take of the profession he'd made his living off up to this point. One, it wasn't an honest business by any means. Two, it wasn't a clean business. And three, it was never a safe business, either. If it wasn't the Guard that was sniffing at a recent take down, he could be sure there were plenty of other people that were upset in one way or another that he'd come around and did somebody's dirty work without even trying, and it was reflections like that that made Fendrel question why he ever thought it a good idea to get into such a thing. But of course, he had his reasons, and nowadays they were reasons that were tending to bother him a little more than they had in the past.

tagged @Josie
notes Josie is really sweet. x3 Makes me almost wanna apologize for my half-brooding boy here. He's going through a rough patch. *pats Fendrel*
words 370
credit Calypso
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Josie kept her green eyes on the man before her. Looking him over curiously, she began to feel a certain amount of respect. But with the way he was dressing himself all in black, it gave him a slightly dark look, so maybe there was also a little bit of fear now building inside her, even though she wasn't one to be scared easily. It was childish sense of respect to anything and anyone unknown to her. But for now, she'd stick around, he did seem nice, despite his dark clothes.

Especially when he did show a small smile on his lips, it made him look friendly. At least friendlier than people mostly were around orphans. Guess most people saw them as children who nobody wanted, children born to become criminals, homeless or whores... for the female branch. Yes, little Josie did know what kind of women the latter were. Even they were much more friendly to her than the lady at the orphanage was. But then again, that wasn't hard to accomplish.
The blond girl shrugged a little. “If the lady in the orphanage knew I was here, she be mad at me.” Josie said quietly, as if she was afraid the lady could hear her. “I'm not to go too far from the orphanage. Rules that nobody cares about. Not us kids anyway.”

A small sigh left her lips. Josie hated being an orphan. Many children in there did and she often wondered what it would be like to have a family to go home to. A mother or father to love you, teach you and to just do things with. But nobody ever cared to take little Josie in and that made her sad.
Quickly shaking her head, she dropped that thought. She didn't want to be sad right now, not in front of a stranger. “Do you get down to the orphanage sometimes?”

WORDS:: 317
TAGGED:: @Fendrel Sadon
NOTES:: finally got to it Smile

Last edited by Josie on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Josie
Josie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fendrel Sadon Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 am

If Fendrel was honest with himself, it was meetings like this that he was weary of, and almost afraid of. Then again, he was starting to turn weary of a lot of things these days. Escapes were rides along the shore back home in Driftwood, although even those were occasionally plagued with thoughts he quite often wished he could bury or hide away deep under the ground, somewhere no one, even himself, would ever find them again.

He'd been led into reevaluating life rather subtly, and he didn't believe for one second that the people he credited such a thing to had been trying to sway him away from the life he was leading at current times...

But, back to the current situation... Children were occasionally tricky things to deal with. Fendrel used to be somewhat hesitant to speak much more than a few passing words to anyone he came across. Habit of the work, he guessed. In the beginning, he'd accepted quickly that you had to be extremely and excessively cautious of who you spent your time around. A little slip-up was all it took to cause suspicion, after all. Such a fault would cost him his career, and, to a more extreme level, life as he knew it, to state things lightly and in black and white. Children had been especially tricky to deal with because he never felt he could tell when one would get too curious and find too much out... That would come with consequences, and he would've either had to stand and accept them or run from them until things cooled off, neither of which he really cared for, even now.

Once again, Fendrel had to shove those thoughts away to be dealt with at the proper time. Sharing his troubles in public was not his style at all, and this little girl certainly didn't need to deal with him being gloomy for reasons he'd rather not explain to her. Contrary to his instincts and past experience telling him he should have long moved on with his day, he felt like he could almost connect with this little girl. Here she was living at the orphanage, and for all Fen could say, he had basically grew up in the safe life - no real place to call home, no one to greet you with a caring look every time you came into a room, and no real childhood opportunities. It was almost like looking into the mirror...

Fendrel couldn't help but smile at the girl's words. "Well, then I guess we better not let her find out, huh?" He hadn't even really thought about the words before he let them come out.

At her question, Fendrel almost frowned. Almost. Not as much as I should... He almost wanted to tell her just that. He should really try to visit sometime... Maybe he'd even take Jack along with him. It couldn't hurt. "I honestly don't," he said. "I'll have to come down sometime soon, though," he added with a warm, small smile, "I think I might even have someone to bring along, too."

tagged @Josie
notes I'm super sorry this is so long... Like... he got started, and then I felt like he needed to finish off his thoughts and... it's just a mess. xD
words 518
credit Calypso
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:22 am

The little girl giggled in reply. Well, if he wasn't going to tell on her, then she was pretty sure that they wouldn't know she was out here. They barely cared about the whereabouts of their children, unless they did something they shouldn't do. And they would only find out if somebody told them.
They were too busy with the other children that didn't leave the house during the day to take care of themselves. Maybe her leaving all day was the reason nobody had taken her in yet?

A small sigh left her lips, pushing that thought out of her mind. She really shouldn't think about that too much. She'd be out of the orphanage in no time, caring for herself. Time flew by so quickly anyway. Only a couple more years. She was so looking forward to that. Or was she really? She usually enjoyed her childhood, her careless time. So... perhaps she wasn't looking forward to growing up just yet.

“If you don't tell 'em... they won't.” she replied, looking up at Fendrel.

She was surprised. Surprised that he was actually sticking around to talk to her and surprised that she stuck around to talk to him. Because usually people simply went on, not really caring much about children that weren't their own. He was different though. And in a way it was like she could really build something here, perhaps make a new friend, even if it was just from meeting him coincidentally on the streets. Somehow it would be nice to have an adult to turn to.

“Well... it's not the most beautiful place in Albion, I'm sure... but it's nice for adventures.” Josie said in a light, casual tone. “Oh, really? That would be great! Just cause... you know, not much action for children, unless you sneak into buildings you're not supposed to be in.”

Oooops... too much said.

WORDS:: 317
TAGGED: @Fendrel Sadon
NOTES:: don't apologize! I LOVE long posts! Very Happy much better than just a few lines actually
Josie
Josie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down