Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

Watch where you go! (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Watch where you go! (Open) Empty Watch where you go! (Open)

Post by Hermione Granger Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:05 am

"Reducto" Hermione shouted, pointing her wand at Bellatrix Lestrange. She, along with Ron and Ginny, were fighting her. Along with that three Professor's were fighting Voldemort. Suddenly Hermione felt a sharp pain in her arm... She noticed that her sleeve began to quickly bleed. She didn't notice what happened after that, she only heard Molly yell "Not my daughter, you bitch!" And moments later Bellatrix was on the floor dead. Hermione smiled slightly. She felt very woozy... Her blood was going out fast. Than the girl saw Harry fighting Voldemort... No talking... Wait, Harry?!? But he was dead! No, obviously he was alive... She watched what happened, not sure really what the were talking about.

Hermione cheered along slightly when they won. They won! Her mouth stretched into a wide smile from that. She looked around, seeing who had survived the war. A lot of people. The girl still didn't notice where George is anywhere... Oh, please don't be dead! Just that Ron grabbed her hand and dragged her to Harry. She let out a slight "Ow" because he had grabbed her hand that was hurt. He looked at her, concerned, and sent her to go and heal.

Nodding, the girl went to the lake and took her wand out. Pulling up her sleeve, she saw that her arm had literally ripped... The girl preformed a spell, which she knew would heal it. And just than she felt a tug. It was weird... At first the girl thought it was some Death Eater who was using his or her chance to kill someone but when she turned around, there was no one there. The tug continued... Than she appeared somewhere...

That memory was almost glued into her mind. She just doesn't forget about it, no matter how much she tries. It always keeps on appearing in her mind. Hermione has been here for quite some time. She knows that the place is called Albion. And that she now should be in one of the more safer places. But other than that the girl had no full idea what as going on and where she was, which sucked. Now she was thinking of firstly finding somewhere to live at first. Than start to gather information. Maybe she isn't the only person who somehow appeared here.

So here she was, walking along the streets of a... town. One which seemed slightly barbaric for her. They had races it chickens! It made no sense to her! Why race them? When the girl first had saw and learned about it, she fell in a slight shook. She still is surprised by things that app en but now not that much as before. Now she lived over it and is pretty much expecting the unexpected. Like now, when she was so into thought that she bumped into someone. "Woah!" She said as she began to fall.
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger

Gold : 36410

Back to top Go down

Watch where you go! (Open) Empty Re: Watch where you go! (Open)

Post by George Weasley Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:29 pm

it's a new day, but it all feels old
IT'S A GOOD LIFE, THAT'S WHAT I'M TOLD  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To say that the past couple of months had been eventful for George would have been putting it lightly. First he'd been ripped out of his own world and brought here to Albion, a strange new world where everything was so different to what he was used to and that was so far away from both the war and from his family and friends. Mere minutes after his own arrival, he'd met the Queen of Scotland, Mary. That had definitely taken some time to get used to.

And now he was working at the local tavern, waiting on tables and helping in the kitchens to earn his room and board. George didn't know the first thing about being a waiter, nor did he know the first thing about how to prepare a meal by himself. It had always been his mother that had made their meals, and at Hogwarts the elves had all the food business covered. But he was a quick learner, and he tried his best, though two days didn't go by when he accidentally gave the wrong person the wrong meal, or broke some crockery.

On his days off, George went to the town square and did Muggle magic tricks, much to the delight of the Brightwall children. It reminded him of his past life, and though his heart ached terribly when he pulled out a teddy bear out of a seemingly empty hat, he kept doing it. Not for the money, as coins weren't often thrown into his cup, but just to hear the delight of the children. It felt nice to bring some cheer and magic into their world, even though he'd learned very quickly that real magic couldn't actually be done in Albion.

Today George had gone to the chicken races, mainly because he wanted to see if there was any chance he could take over the betting and commentary side of things, but partly because he wanted to watch the oddity that was chicken racing. They were a strange lot, Albionites, but George had to give them credit for creativity. The betting job would be a pleasant change from his current job, and it was something that he would actually feel right at home with, unlike the work at the tavern which made him feel like he was an incompetent buffoon. No one said it, of course, but George could see the elephant in the room.

As he walked back to the tavern, his mind whirled with thoughts of his family and of Fred. He wondered if they'd managed to make it through the battle at Hogwarts, his stomach tying itself into a knot at the thought that they might not have. No, he told himself; he couldn't think like that. They'd be fine. So caught up was he with these melancholy thoughts that he didn't notice where he was going or who he might subsequently bump into. He only realized that he should have been paying better attention when something hard collided with him.

Instinctively, he reached out to grab the person before they fell, managing to grab them by the arms and pulled them up. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," he uttered, before his eyes widened as he took in exactly who he'd just saved from an unfortunate fall. "Her-Hermione?" he stuttered, blinking several times to make sure that his eyes weren't deceiving him. He looked down at his hands around her arms; no, she was very quite solid and couldn't be a ghost. "Are you ok? What are you doing here?!" he asked, closing his mouth which had dropped open from surprise.

NOTES I hope you don't mind that he managed to catch her before she fell. I tried to catch you before I posted, but wasn't able to. If you had other plans for her and wanted her to fall, I can change it so please let me know! Smile Also I didn't mean for it to get that long, it just kinda happened; you don't have to match my length!
OUTFIT dark grey suit, patterned purple shirt, with a matching waistcoat and tie
CREDITS  The Anthem - Good Charlotte ~ Template by Doe-Eyed Harlot of Caution.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Gold : 38840

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermione Granger Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Hermione felt as some hand caught her before she fell. She was about to open her mouth to tell her a nice and polite thanks but the.person began first. That voice! Oh no! Her mouth went in a quick 'O' but she closed it quickly. "George! " she said surprised. This was... impossible! Why was he here? Why only them? She shook her head, not at all sure what to think. This can't... Of course, the girl was glad that she had meet someone she knew.. But George? He wasn't one you would call responsible.

She sighed to herself but than remembered he had asked her how she was. "I'm OK. What about yourself? " she asked, examining him. He looked well. But than he also began to examine her aswell, looking to her hands with some surprise in them. She couldn't blame him, of course, it must be a nasty surprise to be dragged into some other world and who knows how long later someone from your old world to come back. Well, she took this place as another world, mostly because her powers didn't work.

Than he asked why she was here. She shook her head. "I really have no idea. Do you think that I'd want to be here by choice? " she asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice, though it wasn't from the boy's question. No, it was an OK one although if he was put in this... place, he would pretty much know that they don't really chose where to go and what to do that much. Until they find a way for that to happen, that is... Obviously, not one of the most easy things that they could do for now.

"But if you mean why I'm here, in this town, they do say it's safer than almost the whole country or world of wherever we are in." Just than she heard a chicken to collide in another one from the races. Most of the crowd cheered from that. She shook her head. "That's so barbaric! I can't believe that they torture the poor animals such... If this happens in England, they would probably be sued and have a nice time in jail... " she said and shook her head in disgust.

"Anyways, what about you? How long have you been here? By the looks of you, some time. Nice tie." She added at the end jokingly. But it was true. And not only for his tie. George seemed to have had a nice life in this place, though she wasn't really surprised. If anything that she had learned from the two twins is that they can get used and live through anything and probably everything. Talking about twins... "Is anyone else from... Our old place here?" She asked. She wasn't sure how people would react if they heard the word Hogwarts. So she just called it such.

Watch where you go! (Open) Oie_tr12
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger

Back to top Go down

Post by George Weasley Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:26 pm

A smirk crossed George's features as Hermione instantly assumed it was him and not his twin. "Pfft, I'm not George, I'm Fred," he told her with a soft snort, his eyes sparkling with mischief. He shook his head, tutting with mock disappointment as he let go of her hands. "Honestly, 'Mione, and you call yourself our brother's best friend." For a moment longer he shook his head as if he was disappointed that she'd guessed the wrong twin before a grin broke out across his face. "I'm only joking, I am George. Good guess." Everyone always mistook him for Fred; he had been the more outgoing and reckless of the two and naturally he was the one everyone thought of. But it was nice that for once someone had actually guessed the right twin.

He ran a hand through his hair, giving a lopsided smile as she asked how he was. "As good as I can be without Fred and the rest of them," he answered casually, giving a slight shrug as if didn't hurt him as much as it did. The two had never been separated for this long before. Even when Fred had gotten himself a girlfriend and spent most of his free time with her, they had never been apart like this. They'd done everything together, and now it felt as if George had lost the other half of himself. Which, in a way, he completely had. Without his twin, he felt absolutely lost.

Once again he shrugged, this time at Hermione's critique of the town. "It's not so bad when you get used to it. And they even have a ginormous library. Biggest one in the land. You'll love it," he added, giving her a teasing smile. The land and customs might be weird compared to what they were both used to, but George figured that she would appreciate something familiar in such a place. It wasn't the Hogwarts library, but it was big, spacious, and had books cramped into every available corner. So he figured it might help with the shock of such a place. "As for the chickens, it was either racing or being made into chicken pie. They escaped their pens so often and caused so much havoc around here that it was really the only way to keep them out of trouble."

He grinned at the compliment and gave a slight bow. "Thank you. I'd say you look nice too but I think I'm just shocked to see you out of your uniform," he teased good-naturedly. It wasn't a shock at all, having seen her out of it lots during their holidays, but what was the point of friends if not to tease? "It's been a couple of months since I came here. I still haven't ventured out anywhere beyond Brightwall and Mistpeak Valley though, so I wouldn't be able to tell you who else is here. I'm afraid I'm not nearly as adventurous without a twin to egg me into risking life and limb," he added with a rueful smile. "Though I do hope that others have landed here too... Speaking of the others, what happened in the final battle?" he asked, eager to find out how the blasted battle ended, though not so much to find out who won as for to find out how his friends and family had fared.

NOTES ---
OUTFIT dark grey suit, patterned purple shirt, with a matching waistcoat and tie
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermione Granger Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:56 am

Hermione almost apologised for mistaking him, although she was sure he was George, when he noticed that he had a myschevious look in his eyes. She rolled her eyes when he admitted at being George. "Haha, very funny. But thanks! Though who said I guessed? Maybe I didn't! " she said with a smirk and rose her eyebrows at him, wondering what he would answer now. Probably some sarcastic reply, for all she knew.

Hermione smiled sadly when he answered how he was. So Fred wasn't here. Or with him, at least. Maybe he was here, who knew. Both of them were thought dead at the end of the war yet here was George now. Than again, maybe they had died and this was some after life or something such. "I hope we could find Fred somewhere here. I'm sure you miss him much. I can't really imagine you two divided... Yet here we are now!" She said, telling the truth. She really couldn't even imagine a Fred without George and a George without a Fred. Simply impossible.

Hermione sighed slightly. "I'm not sure if I'd really get used to it, not soon at least. Things are so... different here. And a library? Really? I'll go check it out! Maybe I could find out some information about this place! " she smiled slightly. The girl was interested on what this place was, how they got here and anything else she could find out. Because absolutely everything about the land they are in is unknown and almost fearful for her.

"The ran out? How? Did they build the pens wrong or such? They are exactly made to keep chickens in, not for them to run away... And could they not think of something that still is more normal than racing them around? But I guess it still is more normal than some things that could have happened..." she shook her head, not even wanting to know what other unusual things that could be made.

Hermione chuckled slightly at his bow and rolled her eyes at his remark about her not wearing a uniform. "Oh come on, you have seen me often with something other than a uniform! After all, we see each other almost ever other summer! Through which I don't wear a uniform!" She said and sighed. But after that she smiled slightly, so it would shown that she had understood his joke and that the girl was only continuing for the fun of it. Well, it was more of a tease. But the difference isn't important at the moment.

The girl nodded and listened to him. So only they were here... But so much people had been thought dead that who knows what amount of them are actually dead and not here. "I've been here for about two weeks. Maybe less," she began to explain. "And I hope others are here aswell. Much were thought dead after the war, including you and Fred. So I wouldn't be surprised if I find him here! As for the war, it was... confusing. I myself am not very aware of everything that happened." She said before going into a detailed explanation of them finding Snape dieing, Harry disappearing just to appear later dead, Neville killing Nagini, the battles, Harry turning out to be alive and the defeat of Voldemort.
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger

Back to top Go down

Post by George Weasley Wed May 13, 2015 11:24 am

George raised an eyebrow and fixed her with an amused look. "With psychic powers like yours, maybe you shouldn't have dropped Divination," he teased. "Maybe I'll need to start buying lottery tickets and getting you to predict the numbers. We could make a fortune." Not that Albion even had a lottery, or at least not so far as he knew. The closest these people got to gambling was racing chickens in Brightwall and horses in Witchwood. A bit boring, perhaps, but certainly much safer than the lottery. "And just imagine the amounts we'd get when you start predicting horses...!" He was teasing again, of course, but he couldn't help it.  

A sad sigh left they boy's lips at the mention of his twin. He didn't just miss him. He felt like his right hand was missing. He knew that he was supposed to be independent, and being away from Fred now would give him the chance to make something of himself without his twin, but he didn't want that. He knew that he was being whiny and acting like a child, but all he wanted was to get his twin back.

He couldn't help but grin at Hermione's enthusiasm over seeing a library. Some things really never changed. "I can show you it later, if you'd like. You and Saul are going to become best of friends within minutes, I'm sure. But first would you like to get some lunch? My shout because I almost bowled you over," he added with a lopsided grin. His landlady was kind enough to cook him meals free of charge, even on his off days. He wasn't expecting for her to cook free for Hermione, but he had enough gold saved up from working that he could treat her to a nice meal.

He half-turned to start on the path to the tavern, but her next comment caught him off-guard and he gaped like a fish out of water. "We're thought...dead?" he couldn't help but repeat her words, blinking in surprise. His heart gave a painful tug at the thought that his family thought him dead. Oh how he wished he could communicate in some way, any way, that he was alive and well. He could scarcely even begin to imagine the pain they all must be going through, especially his mum. "I wish I could write to them and tell them I'm ok..." He gave a sigh, running a hand through his hair. He knew that contacting them would be impossible; even if he knew how the portals operated, there didn't seem to be much of a chance of catching one and sending a letter through. Well, maybe they'd end up here and he'd get that chance. One never knew.

TAGGED @Hermione Granger
NOTES I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry it took this long!
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum