Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

The War Was In Colour // Fred

Go down

The War Was In Colour // Fred Empty The War Was In Colour // Fred

Post by Daphne Greengrass Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles
We will stand tall and face it all together

Someone was screaming. A woman. The scream was shrill and rang through the entire corridor. Daphne wished that it would just stop, that whoever was screaming would just stop. She couldn't tell where the scream was coming from, nor did she bother to look, and instead just kept running, ducking a Death Eater's spell and firing a knock-back spell at him. She had to find Astoria. Had to find her parents in all this carnage. Her heart was racing and tears pricked her eyes at all the destruction around her. Hogwarts, the place she'd come to call her second home, was being destroyed right in front of her very eyes. The screaming finally stopped just as Daphne rounded a corner, almost tripping over the lifeless body of a slender blonde female. She was face down, and Daphne's heart leapt to her throat as thoughts of that dead body being her mother swam through her mind. Shakily she crouched down and turned the body around. The next second a sigh of relief left her lips; it wasn't her mother. She was still out there.

Letting go of the body and wincing slightly as it thudded dully against the stone floor, Daphne ran on. Explosions were ripping through the school and every few meters the blonde was stepping over yet another body. She only gave them a cursory glance, not really taking it all in. She was checking for faces but her mind wiped the images as soon as it realized they weren't her family. She didn't want to think about just how many were dead. It was a massacre, no matter how you looked at it. Even the fact that there seemed to be more Death Eaters and other dark creatures lying dead around the halls didn't make things any better; for every one from the dark side, how many had the good guys lost?

Turning another corner, she finally spotted her sister, blasting away at a group of werewolves as best she could. Fear and anger welled up inside of Daphne and the spell that she was supposed to shout came out as a roar. The werewolves fell back, motionless. "Astoria!" Daphne ran up to her sister, throwing a spell at a Death Eater that had just come running down the corridor and was getting too close for comfort. Cupping the younger girl's face with her hands, the blonde quickly surveyed her sister before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I'm so glad you're alright," she whispered before pulling the girl into a brief but tight hug. "I love you," she murmured into her ear, loud enough only for her to hear. Daphne wanted to hug her sister forever, but every second was precious and by the sounds all around them, they were quickly running out of time. She pulled away, and looked around her, making sure that the coast was still clear. "Alright, come on, we have to find Mum and Dad," she urged, taking Astoria by the hand and tugging her forward. "And Fred. I need to find him. I need to tell him..." she trailed off, shaking her head. "We just have to find them." A spell whizzed just above their heads, and Daphne turned sharply, shooting a spell of her own back at the newcomer. It only hit his shoulder, but this tiny distraction was all the girl needed. Lacing her fingers through her sister's so they wouldn't separate, she sprinted down the hall, tugging Astoria with her. They needed to get to somewhere with more people. Their lonesome luck was running out; they needed back up.

tagged fred
lyrics Skyfall by Adele
notes ---
outfit haven't decided yet
credit Calypso

The War Was In Colour // Fred Oie_tr12
Daphne Greengrass
Daphne Greengrass

Gold : 38460

Back to top Go down