Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet

2 posters

Go down

So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet Empty So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet

Post by Fendrel Sadon Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
are you, are you coming to the tree
WHERE I TOLD YOU TO RUN SO WE'D BOTH BE FREE
- - - - - - - - - -
Bowerstone Industrial Canalside - Just before Midnight
Nightfall had come just a few hours ago. The thought of it made a smile creep across the young assassin's face and his hazel eyes glinted with the idea of what was to come. This will be both fun and interesting. He'd been told when he was hired that he was to be working with Albion's finest in the underground 'fix your problems' business - none other than the most skillful and highly respected of his kind, Scarlet Frost. He'd only heard of the redhead so far, but meeting and working with her? Not until tonight. And he'd treat it as the privilege that it was, but it was still to be treated as a job. Get too off-focus, he knew, and they'd be answering to the Guard before either of them could even think about their weapons.

Quietly, he slipped from his position alongside the road and made his way down the street. It was almost time to meet for the job. He'd been told he could meet Frost for the job at The Riveter's Rest, just across from Reaver's place in the mess of things. I'd bother to shoot him for nothing, he thought, frowning and just managing to keep that expression from turning into an all-out scowl. Lowlife criminal and enemy of the Guard or not, Fendrel did not car for that money-hungry industrial creature. No... He wouldn't be getting the grace of Fendrel to call him a human. Albion knew he was anything but. For all Fendrel knew, the idiot could be the city's mutant form of a mercenary. They stole from the innocents, didn't they? Well, Reaver was no better...

Walking armed anywhere wasn't exactly what many would call good form for the average citizen, but Fendrel feared no opposition as he silently slipped inside the tavern. This job was to be done down this way on the docks, so, seeing as this joint wasn't too far from there, it had served as the perfect meeting place. And exactly how many intoxicated Industrial citizens did you expect to question his presence?

Finding an empty table in some back, quiet, and dark corner, Fendrel took his place to wait, kicking his feet up on the edge of the table casually and folding his hands across his lap to wait. Hopefully he wouldn't be waiting too long. He didn't exactly care to sit in some place with a bunch of intoxicated fools looking over at him and probably wondering what he was doing. He wasn't feeling particularly welcoming towards the public at that exact moment, anyways, so it really would be in everyone's interest that he be left alone until Frost showed up. With a small smile to himself, he took notice that only a few heads were raised when he'd walked in and, now that he'd taken a seat, those raised heads turned back to their own business. Good, he thought to himself, That makes it all so much less complicated. I'm glad some people around here still have their wits about them.

- - - - - - - - - -
strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be
IF WE MET AT MIDNIGHT IN THE HANGING TREE
- - - - - - - - - -
TAGGED``: Scarlet Frost
OUTFIT``: His usual Mercenary Suit, but without the hat and with Military Gloves on instead of the usual.
NOTES``: Since I always felt like Bowerstone Industrial was one of the most unwelcoming places in all of Albion (not that it cracks the top five. No where near it), I figured our assassins wouldn't have a hard time finding a job here, and why not make it all the more foreboding by setting it at midnight? xD
LYRICS``: the hanging tree by james newton howard (from mockingjay: part one of 'the hunger games' trilogy.)
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Gold : 39435

Back to top Go down

So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet Empty Re: So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet

Post by Scarlet Frost Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:13 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
seven devils all around me
THEY WERE THERE WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING
i'll be dead before the day is done
- - - - - - - - - -

Looking up at the night sky as she walked to the Riveter's Rest, Scarlet frowned. She disliked being in the city as one could never see the stars here properly. The few measly stars that showed were a poor excuse for the night sky; back in Brightwood there was a whole blanket of stars to be seen as she lay in the middle of the camp, staring up into the inky blackness until she fell asleep right there on the grass. Every morning she would find herself back in her caravan, carefully tucked in, but she never did find out which of the crew was responsible for such affection. They all vehemently denied it and Scarlet found it too sweet a gesture to press it further so the mystery went unsolved. Scarlet enjoyed star-gazing. It made her feel like the world was a more peaceful place than it actually was.

Sauntering into the tavern, she held up two fingers as she came up to the bar, indicating that she wanted two pints. As the barman nodded and set about filling her request, Scarlet turned to survey the dingy joint, leaning with her elbows on the counter. The place was quiet by this time of night, which was perfect because there was less chance of being interrupted by pesky guards who had no business in a place like this. Frankly she could do without having to run away from the royal guard tonight. She had more important things to do, like murder. Her dark eyes swept over the drunkards arguing over who was the better Hero, the Hero of Skill, of Will, or of Strength. Finally in a dark corner she spotted a man in a mercenary outfit, feet confidently up on the table, seemingly waiting for someone. That must be her man. Good. Time to get this show on the road!  

She turned back towards the bar just in time to catch the barman about to spit in her drinks. Frowning, she shook her head in mock disappointment, and a tsk-tsk left her lips. "You ever try that again, sir, and I guarantee that you won't wake the next morning," she uttered, her voice like ice as she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him close. She watched the bravado in his eyes turn to fear as they flickered over her tattoo and he instantly gulped, nodding fearfully. "Yes'm." Scarlet threw him a thin smile and let go of his shirt. "And if you mention my being here to the guards, and believe me, I shall find out, you won't make it to sunrise. Thank you for the drinks," she added with faux sweetness as she picked up the drinks and sauntered away.

"A drink to steady the nerves," she greeted the sitting man, placing the two steins onto the table and sliding one over to him. "You must be Fendrel. I've heard a lot about you, in various circles," she said, allowing herself a hint of a smile. He was handsomer than the rumours gave him credit for, but this was work and Scarlet wouldn't allow herself to get too cosy. As a fellow assassin he was more than capable of double-crossing her which meant that she would have to have her guard up at all times. It was one of the reasons why she preferred to work alone; it was hard enough to trust people as it was, but assassins and mercenaries were on a whole different level of do-not-trust. But the pay was going to be good for this job and the company wasn't hard on the eyes, so as she took her first sip of beer Scarlet allowed herself to relax just a little. This could be fun, actually. Yes, it could be a lot of fun...

STATUS``: active quest thread
TAGGED``: fendrel sadon
OUTFIT``: this but with her hood and face-coverings down for now
NOTES``: *is totally excited about this*
LYRICS``: seven devils by florence and the machine
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Scarlet Frost
Scarlet Frost

Gold : 38935

Back to top Go down

So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet Empty Re: So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet

Post by Fendrel Sadon Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:01 am

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Fendrel raised his gaze at the new footsteps that announced the arrival of someone new to the scene. Giving the redhead a quick, easy once-over glance, he smiled to himself. Let the chaos begin. It was Frost alright. With that decided, he passively took in the rest of the crowd again as Frost order two pints from the bartender.

Of course, that didn't last too long as his gaze was attracted back to the minor 'confrontation' at the bar Frost briefly made and cleared up with the barman. Fendrel smiled again, pulling his feet of the table as the redhead sauntered over to join him. Oh, yes, this would definitely be a good night. And what better way to end it than with a nice lump of pay for a job well done? He was expecting no less than that, after all.

"Don't mind if do," he said when Scarlet joined him and slid over one of steins over to him. "And yes," he added as he took up his stein, "Or I was the last time I checked, at least," he added, flashing a smile before he took a sip of his drink. "I've heard much about you myself, and I must say, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," he said, setting his stein back down on the table and looking over at her. "I'm looking forward to working with you."

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
OUTFIT``: His usual Mercenary Suit, but without the hat and with Military Gloves on instead of the usual.
NOTES``: xD Same!
LYRICS``: the hanging tree by james newton howard (from mockingjay: part one of 'the hunger games' trilogy.)
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Frost Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:18 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

As she took a sip of her beer, his words made her smile warmly, though she hid it behind the thick mug. She quite enjoyed hearing that the world had heard of her even though she already knew that he had. She knew she was talked about because she had made a point in making a name for herself all throughout Albion as the very best; she wasn't just some low-class assassin who took on just any mission - she was Scarlet Frost, queen of assassins, the one you went to when regular mercenaries just weren't an option. Though the title was an unofficial one she had created just for herself, it was one that she fought hard to keep and was going to make sure that no one else even got close to taking it from her. Needless to say more than a few ambitious young females had mysteriously vanished when Scarlet had heard about their choice of job.

"The pleasure is all mine," she replied demurely, the compliment melting away her icey exterior just a little. "You've made quite the name for yourself in this job too, so I hear. I'm looking forward to working with a professional, unlike the schmucks that pretend to be all elite and end up shooting themselves in the foot. Literally," she commented with a soft laugh, her eyes taking on a slight sparkle. Finally someone who was at her level. It was yet another reason why she preferred to work solo - to date she hadn't found a single male assassin that could compare with her skill so this particular challenge was going to be interesting. She might even enjoy it.

She allowed herself to relax some more, though not enough for her guard to be completely down. He could serenade her with sweet nothings all he liked, but when it came right down to it, he could stab her in the back quite literally as soon as she turned her back. It wouldn't be until after the mission that she might start cultivating even the smallest glimmer of trust towards him. Still, as mistrusting as she was, that was no reason to be rude, nor was it reason act like an ice queen (though she rather enjoyed that particular title too). She put on a sultry smile, leaning back in her chair as she drunk her beer. "Since we might be here a while," she began, taking out a pocket watch and checking the time before snapping it shut and placing it on the table, "I suggest a few more drinks while we plan this escapade. And I do believe it's your round," she added with a teasing grin.

NOTES``: no one in albion can ever do anything without alcohol. reaver needs to get into the alcohol industry instead of whatever it is he does xD in other news i've found a new song for her, but don't know if i want to change it mid-thread xD and yes, she thinks highly of herself as a female assassin; she can't really help herself since she's been doing it for more than a decade and a half xD
Scarlet Frost
Scarlet Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Fendrel Sadon Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:53 am

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Fendrel allowed himself a smile and soft smirk as Frost commented on the seemingly endless misplaced common sense of the mercenaries. He personally didn't favor the sorry lads himself, even though he dressed like one and even knew a lot of them. They just liked shooting before talking a little too much for his caring, not that being an assassin such as he was exactly offered that kind of policy. "Yes," he commented finally, his smile growing as all of the thoughts occurred to him, "They have a knack for letting their egos outgrow their skill set too often," he agreed. It also wasn't lost on him that she mentioned having heard of him just like he'd heard of her. It didn't come as a full surprise, (It wasn't like he'd portrayed himself as a nice, easy-going guy, anyways. Having a customer that always paid a little extra because of the fear that he'd get his itchy trigger finger going again was always amusing) but it was something that still sounded nice to hear. He wasn't one to actually trust everything he heard from his circles, so hearing it person-to-person was some solid confirmation that he'd made his name stick like he'd intended to.

Personally, he hadn't met many female assassins, and he certainly had never met a fellow assassin he would consider to be anywhere near like Frost. He could guess as to why, but it was a reasoning he understood, so it was something he didn't dwell on. Instead, he simply allowed another smile to tug at his lips as he finished off his round and heard Scarlet mention that it was his turn to buy. "Yes, I do believe it is," he said as he set his empty stein back on the table and stood. "Hopefully our friend has learned a lesson tonight or I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed that Albion can no longer offer good drinks with a side of common sense," he muttered, a lightly plotting and teasing smirk turning up one side of his mouth and lightly glancing his hand over his pistol to assure himself he still had it. It was, of course, there, ready for his use. Just like it was supposed to be. "I'll be back," he said, flashing a final smile before he slipped past Frost and made his way back towards the bar.

When he reached the bar, he leaned his elbows forward and rested a warning glare on the bartender just to ruffle the man's feathers a little more. "Two, if you don't mind," he muttered quietly, briefly holding up two fingers before casting a impassive glance towards the rest of the drunken crowd. "Don't mess it up this time," he added, glancing back towards the bartender, "I don't appreciate that stunt you tried to pull with the lady. I figured you'd have the respect to be better than that, especially to a woman, friend."

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
NOTES``: xD Omg, he does! Mac would also like you to know that he is blaming Queen Stella for his recently rediscovered love for whiskey. He blames her for making him a drinker again. xD And lol, Fendrel sees no problem with her confidence. I totes think that he actually quite enjoys it. xD
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Frost Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:24 am

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

"Give them a gun and a silencer and they think they're Skorm's gift to assassins," Scarlet remarked, scrunching her nose slightly and giving a laugh. There were few things that annoyed her more than wannabe assassins - those that romanticized the assassin life and thought it was an easy job just because you got rid of people. This job was a lot of things, but easy didn't even come close. A lot of people didn't realize how much training had to be done in order to become a professional assassin; just because you had a gun and could aim didn't mean you were ready. There was so much more involved - stealth, accuracy, the ability to detach yourself from your emotions while on the job. It wasn't a career for just anyone with a trigger-happy finger. It took a lot of work, and a lot of practicing to perfect your skills. It was nice that her companion seemed to understand this and disapprove of such things too.

She studied him for a long moment, trying to figure him out. He intrigued her. He acted like a gentleman and yet he was in this line of work. Why? Assassination jobs were picked up by one of two people - the ruthless and the bloodthirsty who would do anything just for a bit of money or an adrenalin-rush, or the broken. Those that have had something traumatic happen to them and who, more often than not, had a point to prove to the world. Case in point - herself. Fendrel really didn't seem like the bloodthirsty kind (those had a certain glint in their eyes that any sane person could spot a mile off), so that meant he was a kindred spirit with her. She really wanted to ask him exactly what had brought him into this job, because she liked listening to how different people got to where they are, but that was such a personal question that she didn't dare ask it because she knew that if someone had the guts to ask her such a question, she'd have blown their brains out in two seconds flat.

She chuckled at his comment, giving a hopeful shrug. "Let's hope so. Though common sense seems to be a dying breed out here in Industrial." She watched as he headed over to the barman, and though she couldn't hear the words what Fendrel said to him, she quickly understood what was going on. The bartender opened his mouth to comment, but next second thought better of it and merely nodded mutely, bowing his head low as he set about making the drinks, trying not to catch Fendrel's eye as he worked. Scarlet couldn't help but grin. This working together lark was proving to be a better deal than she'd thought.

NOTES``: sorry it took so long! scarlet muse decided to go away on holiday for a while

So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet Oie_tr12
Scarlet Frost
Scarlet Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Fendrel Sadon Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:02 pm

So You Think You Can Run? // Scarlet Tylerh12
mama never told me how to love, daddy never told me how to feel
MAMA NEVER TOLD ME HOW TO TOUCH, DADDY NEVER TOLD ME HOW TO HEAL
i've walked around broken, emotionally frozen, getting it on, getting it wrong
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the bartender finished off with their drinks, Fen gave him a curt nod and smiled slightly before turning on his heels and returning to Scarlet and setting their new drinks down on the table, his smile fully showing now.

"Who would've guessed that he actually learned his lesson?" he asked with a small smirk as he sat back down, casually crossing one leg over the other as he glanced back to the crowd with little interest in what he might see there. Taking up his drink, he took a small sip of it before looking back to Scarlet.

"But enough of that," he said when he sat his drink back down again, "I assume you have an idea on how you'd like to go at this little job of ours?" Frost was one of the best in the business, and Fen knew it, so he had already decided that it was best to ask her how she would feel most comfortable at doing the job rather than just jumping right in. He would respect her decisions for the night. There was almost certainly going to be a difference in style and a difference in preference, but that was fine. This was a world that required one to be able to adapt to change, and he was perfectly alright with that.

He had been certain to have all of his weapons ready for the night so he'd be able to use any of them that the night called for, whether it be his pistol or his sword, because he knew that it could easily ask for either, depending on their plans and what the night presented. That was one thing one learned quickly when they entered this world, especially at a professional level: things could change and they could change quickly. You had to be able to adapt to that quickly if you wanted to avoid being caught.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
notes ♛ i'm so sorry for this lame, short post. Dx i needed to get them to the next point of their conversation and this was the only way dracula could come up with.
tagged ♛ scarlet
word count ♛ 318
outfit ♛ mercenary suit without hat, military gloves
credit ♛ template - mckenzie; lyrics from "how do you love someone" by ashley tisdale
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down